A cornerstone of the Labrador North Chamber of Commerce (LNCC) commitment to making a positive difference in Labrador communities is our Community Investment Program. Through this program, the LNCC aims to support important community initiatives in Labrador, including health and well-being, the environment, arts and culture, hunger, homelessness, literacy, education, youth, seniors, sport, and disaster relief.
Support requests must be submitted in writing, and applicants should include the following information in their proposal:
- Brief history of organization, with a clear description of its purpose, uniqueness, who benefits from it, how is success measured, and geographic area of operation.
- A brief history of the initiative.
- A clear description of how the initiative fits within one or more of the LNCC’s causes.
- Amount of funding requested.
- Must explain the allocation of funds.
- List all funding sources.
- List of all confirmed/proposed donors.
- Names of officers and members of the governing board and their occupations or business affiliations, if applicable.
- Plans for donor recognition.
- Demonstrate the organization’s financial stability.
- List charitable components of the event or project.
- Organizations must be located in Labrador.
Proposals should be addressed and sent to the LNCC’s Executive Director, Brian Fowlow, via one of the following methods:
Mail: P.O. Box 460, Stn B
Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL A0P 1E0
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (709) 896-8039
A committee of the LNCC’s Board of Directors will review all proposals. The LNCC provides approval in writing up to three months in advance of the initiative. While the LNCC will respond to all requests, please note that not all proposals will be successful.